Friday, June 26, 2015

Meatless Recipe: Spanish Sardines in Olive Oil with SundriedTomatoes




I'm tweaking this recipe from my Dad who regularly cooks this with tamban or bangus in my younger years. I added more pickle chips because I want my sardines to be a bit sweeter in taste. Plus added the olives just because I love them!

I intentionally lowered the salt measurement in this recipe because I'm in a low sodium diet. You can adjust the measurement accordingly.



Cooking time: 30-45 minutes
Serves 5-8

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 kilo small Herring, cleaned, gutted with heads and tails removed
  • 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup tomato sauce
  • 8 pcs green olives sliced
  • 1/4 cup pickle chips
  • Peppercorns
  • Siling Labuyo (optional)
  • 2 cups olive oil (Pomace)

Brine for soaking the fish:
  • 2 tbsp sea salt
  • 3-4 cups water


Procedure:

  • Soak the fish in the brine solution inside the fridge for 30 minutes or so.
  • Drain and rinse the fish quickly. Though rinsing is optional, I rinse my fish to remove the extra saltiness.
  • Divide and arrange the fish inside the pressure together with the tomatoes, olives, pickle chips, peppercorns and siling labuyo if preferred.
  • Pour enough olive oil over to cover them.
  • Pressure cook for 20 to 25 minutes. Lower down the heat once the cooker whistles to prevent the fish from drying out.
  • Cool down and carefully transfer them to small containers for storage. 


Tip: You can line the bottom of the pressure cooker with carrot slices to prevent the fish from sticking at the bottom.

Serve with lots of garlic rice.


My IG version :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...