Monday, June 15, 2015

Thanks to Anylist™ app, I saved time doing the grocery.

I know this situation is no big deal to others but to me it is.

2:00 pm. I dropped off my son for his group meeting at Starbucks Ayala Centre Cebu and proceeded to my group meeting as well at Parklane Hotel just across the street.

I need to be home early because I don't want to drive late at night. So by 4:00 pm, I left the group and headed back to Ayala Centre Cebu. I called up my son to meet me at Rustan's Supermarket so we can do grocery before we head home. Little did I know that the parking was full since there was an Independence Sale going on there. I drove around the basement parking looking for a favorable spot near Rustan's several times but there was none. I went to the basement parking as well to no avail. I spotted 2 vacant slots but then I just realized that driving a mini SUV doesn't fit in a low vertical clearance parking.  Sigh, I thought the word, "mini" would suffice. (Low car tech IQ here. Hehehe) Good thing the guard warned me before the car roof caddy touched the yellow warning bar overhead. Anyway, my son took the liberty to do the shopping ahead while I was on the road since WE SHARED THE SHOPPING LIST FOLDER IN OUR ANYLIST™ APP. What I input in my list syncs with his list on his smartphone. Very much like the "School Things" folder we used to share when he was in high school. It also searches and organizes recipes you need, or create your own recipe there and adds ingredients needed to the grocery list and plans the meal for me either on a daily, weekly, monthly or occasional basis. Talk about being OC.

It took me a while to finally get a parking slot near the grocery. Blame it on my poor mental parking radar. By the time I finally got my foot inside the store, my son  just finished more than a half of my grocery list. Isn't that neat? Well, for me it is. Saves me time and effort in telling everyone in the household what is needed in the house. Let alone what meal to prepare for that week. It actually saved me an hour's worth of piling the cart and lining up at the cashier. And yes, we went home just in time. 

So what is AnyList™?




According to the website, AnyList™ is the best way to create and share grocery shopping lists. Easily share a list with your spouse, kids, friends or roommates. List changes show up instantly on everyone’s iPhone or iPod touch.

With AnyList™, you can:

Quickly Create Organized Lists
Share Lists with Family & Friends
Use Favorites to Build a “Master List”
Customize Grocery Categories to Match Your Local Store
Browse Recently Used Items to Build Your List
Quickly Add Notes & Quantities to List Items
Use Siri to Add Items by Voice
End Confusion at the Store with List Item Photo (Premium only)- This I love!
Organize Your Lists with Folders (Premium only)
Protect Lists with Passcode Lock (Premium only)
Sync Across iPhone, iPad, Mac & PC (Premium only)


Not only that, with AnyList, you can also:

Collect and Organize Recipes - Love this feature too!
Easily Add Ingredients to Your Shopping Lists
Import Recipes Directly From Popular Websites (Premium only)
Use the Meal Planning Calendar to Organize Your Cooking and Shopping (Premium only)
Sync Across iPhone, iPad, Mac & PC
Share your Recipes and Meal Planning Calendar
Stay Protected with Cloud Backup



For more information, you may read the details here.




It's free.




Screenshots

I'm one happy AnyList™ app user! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...