Thursday, August 6, 2015

Ramen and Gyoza...Oishīdesu! at Naruto Tukumen Tokyo Ramen



I happen to pass by this place several times whenever I go to Kusina Uno for their Bulalo. My hubby and I tried to visit there once after our weekend date night but was discouraged to go in because there we're couple of drunk Japanese inside. Until my cousin mentioned their ramen is really good. So last week, I took my son there for a lunch treat.

The place looks like a typical kanto or a sidewalk ramen house in Japan. Extremely simple no fuss interior design with simple plastic furnitures. Don't expect a high end Japanese minimalist resto here. Hand written poster promos on the wall and extra announcement in hand written scribbles on their menu added a homey and laid back ambience as I would describe it.  My son, who reads Japanese noted that the owner or the cook must be an authentic Japanese, based on the menu description which was well translated if you know what I mean. But lo and behold, they serve big bowls of authentic piping hot ramen with rich tasty broth and firm fresh noodles. Not only that, they come with FREE four pieces of large Gyoza for every bowl ordered. I'm in Gyoza heaven! Every juicy bite was so good and when I say large, it's big. About twice the size of the regular Gyoza you'll find in other Japanese restos. And they make it fresh right before your eyes. A note though, they don't have drinks or beverages in their menu so you need to ask them to buy some in the convenience store next door. Try their Takuyaki Balls too. They say it's the best in town. And they don't fall apart when you pick them up with chopsticks. Plus it has real octopus meat inside. Best eaten hot off the pan. Based on my observation, the ingredients are all locally sourced but cooked in a japanese way. Except for some nori and bonito flakes.

Price ranges P200 up for a bowl of noodles and about P100 up for the Takuyaki. A bit pricey but worth the bite. 


Facade


Interior


Furniture


Cute chopstick stand


Shoyu Based Ramen


Pork Broth Ramen


Gyoza ( I wasn't able to take the 12 pcs of free Gyoza because it was instantly devoured...nomnom )

Tukumen Ramen was also good. It's a dish where the cold noodles and the hot broth are served in separate bowls. No photos though. We were starving when we got there. Till the next food trip adventure!

PROS: 
  • FREE Gyoza! (large gyozas)
  • Good average ramen cooked before your eyes
  • Ample Parking Space

CONS:
  • Food takes time to arrive especially when there are several customers due to minimal cooking space.
  • No drinks or beverages on the menu. But they can buy one for you across the parking lot at Pan de Manila. 
  • A bit pricey for a ramen with local ingredients.
WOULD I GO BACK? At their Rustan's branch probably since I find the GND Complex branch lacks air circulation inside.


Naruto Tukumen Tokyo Noodle is located
GND Complex, Mabolo 
Cebu City

Food Stall at Rustan's Fresh Banawa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...