Thursday, November 19, 2015

L'Oréal Paris Haul

Every woman specially the ones who are required to wear makeup needs a good foundation to set a perfect base for the rest of the makeup that you put on (eyebrow, eyeshadow, blush, lipstick).  A bad foundation can break the whole look. For those people who still thinks foundations are bad for your skin, today's modern foundations actually improves the skin quality. making them better with each use. It is important to read labels and be wary of fake and dirt cheap ones. It could contain lead and ruin your skin. Personally I like to invest a little more on the foundation than the rest of the makeup...well maybe a little bit on the brows as well.

My L'oréal Paris haul.
This is the perfect time to get a new set of make-up since its the holiday season and we want to look our best for our gatherings and events. I got rid of my old BB Cream which was more than two years* on my dresser and more than half empty.  On my recent trip to the mall, I was thinking of switching to a regular liquid foundation since I have lots of BB Cream sachet samples that I can use back at home. (Sachet also makes a good addition to your travel kit, by the way).When it comes to a good regular drugstore foundation, L'Oreal Paris tops on my list. I have been using it before I was a MUA and it has been proven time and time again on myself and on my clients to provide natural flawless finish. I was happy that L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics was on Sale but I was happier when I got an additional 10% off since it was "3-Day Sale" at Watson's.


L'Oreal® True Match® Liquid Foundation (G3-Gold Vanilla)

  • Original Price: Php 995-
  • Sale Price: Php 480-
  • Additional 10% off- Php 432.00
According to nylon.com. L'oreal True Match has been touted as the “world’s best foundation”. This new formulation uses a hybrid pigment that adds colour intensity while retaining its transparency, to avoid the foundation looking like it’s been caked onto your face. Pigments are finer to "micro-fuse" with the skin even if you don't use a brush. With Vitamin E and Vitamin B5 that is good for the skin.

What I like about this:
  • Texture is a bit runny than the usual liquid thick foundations which I like because its not sticky.
  • Super blendable, lightweight and it covers minor imperfections. 
  • It's so lightweight that it feels like second skin. 
  • Unscented.
  • Doesn't crease or streak when you sweat.
  • Doesn't look cakey in photos.
  • Small amount goes a long way.
  • Comes in pump form. No mess, precise amount you need every time.
Cons:
  • No SPF
Would I repurchase? 
  • Yes. But maybe I would like to try the one with SPF.


L'Oreal® Super Blendable® Crayon Concealer (W4-5 light/medium)

  • Original Price: Php 500-
  • Sale Price: Php 450-
  • Additional 10% off- Php 405.00
Conceal it all, big to small. True Match™ Super-Blendable Crayon Concealer offers customizable coverage from the tiniest of blemishes to larger areas of imperfections. The tip of the crayon allows for precise application, while the side of the crayon can easily canvas a larger area of skin. The innovative formula provides sheer to full coverage that blends easily and won’t look cakey. Personally, a concealer is a must have even if you have already perfect skin. You may not know when you might have a small pimple here, dark circles there, or a temporary blemish.

What I like about this:
  • Comes in handy crayon form that is easy to lug around.
  • Easy to apply on small spots or large areas.
  • Blends and covers beautifully.
  • Doesn't crease or streak when you sweat.
  • Doesn't look cakey in photos.
Cons:
  • None
Would I repurchase? 
  • Yes. 


L'Oreal® True Match® Super Blendable® Pressed Powder (W4 -Natural Beige)

  • Original Price: Php 759-
  • Sale Price: Php 500-
  • Additional 10% off- Php 450.00
Micro-fine powder provides versatile coverage: you can blot shine, blend for a natural finish, or build for more coverage. True Match Powder's formula contains a hint of pearl pigments that enhance your skin's tone. Wear True Match Powder over True Match Makeup or alone for a flawless look. Exclusive triple-refined formula makes it possible to match your skin's texture. Never looks chalky or cakey. Oil-free and non-comedogenic. Contains skin tone enhancing pearl pigments.

What I like about this:
  • Matches perfectly with the liquid foundation.
  • You can wear this alone without the liquid foundation.
  • Fine, silky texture.
  • Flawless finish.
  • Unscented
  • Doesn't crease or streak when you sweat.
  • Doesn't look cakey in photos.
Cons:
  • None
Would I repurchase? 
  • Yes. 

Swatches from top to bottom:
Liquid foundation that has been set in G3-Gold Vanilla
Pressed Powder in W4 -Natural Beige
Concealer in W4-5 light/medium


The original Sale price is till runs until the end of this month (November, 2015) according to the saleslady but no additional 10% off (until the next office memo).


*Most cosmetic products come with this expiry indicator printed on each packaging. The open jar illustration with the number 24M means that the shelf life of this particular product is about 24 months or two years after it has been opened. Good to know. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...