Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Ikkousha Ramen Cebu

With ramen houses sprouting here and there in Cebu, only the ones that serve authentic tongkotsu broth are the best. And as a certified ramen freak, I am forever on the lookout of the best authentic ramen that each place has to offer. 

Tonkotsu Standard. The egg is just there because my hubby shared his ajitama (soft boiled egg) with me.

Ikkousha Ramen is one of the ramen gems in Cebu with its first branch in JY Square, Lahug. It is an acclaimed international ramen restaurant with branches worldwide. Originally from Fukuoka, Japan, it is the place where tongkotsu broth making as well as the masters of this craft are originated or so I am told. Ikkousha also means "one happy place" which reflect their motto, "to bring happiness to the people".

Ikkousha’s secret to its broth are the different pork bones used , the broth is simmered over a low heat for over 12 hours to create that signature creamy texture. This method of slow-cooking draws rich, skin-smoothing collagen into the delicious broth. Yes ladies, eating ramen regularly makes your skin young looking. :)

Ramen orders start from Php 290 for the Tongkotsu Shio, a light version of the tongkotsu based ramen and Php 320 to Php 470 for the other ramen variants. Check out the menu below. 






Ordering is personalized and made easy with their order sheets. Not everyone likes green onions or black fungus in their ramen so you can personally cross them out on the list. It'll save you from forever picking it from your soup next time. 

Instructions on how to use the Order Sheet.
I usually order the most basic ramen and gradually build up to the next best order on my future visits. That way I can choose my favorite staples in each ramen place. 

This. Is. Soooooo. Good.
Rich. Tasty. Thick. Sticky.
Gyoza. My essential ramen partner.
Condiments are my favorite thing in a ramen house. For me, it's like a trip to the candy store except that its just condiments. I get the thrill if mixing spices and see what it taste like. Weird me.
Theres the gyoza sauce, katare sauce, black pepper, sesame seeds, pickled ginger and some fresh mined garlic... yeah, I almost finished the whole jar. hehehe.

They also have a loyalty card that earns you an ajitama, gyoza/karaage and free ramen when you reach a certain amount of stamps on the card. 


The Ikkousha Ramen Cebu Loyalty Card

Their recent promo is the Gyoza Ticket where you can get Gyoza for Php 1.00 only.  

Gyoza festival!!!!!!
Ikkousha Ramen Cebu is located at the ground floor of JY Square Mall in Lahug.



They have access doors inside and outside of the mall near the back parking.
You can call them at (032) 514 5927.
Check their Facebook Page >> IkkoushaCebu


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...