Friday, May 3, 2019

Recipe: Jambalaya Pasta

I wanted to try out something different with my pasta today.  Since I still have a small piece of smoked sausage and leftover chicken from my hainanese chicken rice yesterday, why not make  .
#Shrimps also make a great addition to this dish. I’m using linguini and Chef Tony Cachere’s Creole Seasoning. If you can’t get andouille sausage, you may substitute kielbasa or any smoked sausage except for Chinese sausages. 




  • Ingredients:
  • 300 g linguini, cooked al dente 
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, brunoise
  • 1 small shallot, brunoise
  • 250 g shrimps, shelled and deveined
  • 1 piece andouille sausage, macedoine
  • 3 tomatoes, concasse 
  • 1 stalk celery, macedoine
  • Pasta water if needed
  • 1/2 cooked chicken breast, cubed
  • 1 tsp Cajun and creole seasoning
  • Salt and pepper
  • Juice of half lime

  1. Saute half of garlic and shallots. Add shrimps until pink. Set aside in a bowl. 
  2. Using the same pan, sauté the sausage, tomatoes and celery. 
  3. Toss the cooked pasta, shrimps and chicken in and season with cajun and creole seasoning, salt and pepper. 
  4. Add pasta water if too dry. 
  5. Drizzle with lime juice before serving. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...