Thursday, April 9, 2020

Recipe: Mixed Seafood Boil

Mixed Seafood Boil 











Total of 1,000 grams of mixed seafood available:

* Shrimps, dressed or prepped (see my video on how I prep my shrimps)
* Asian Wave Pacific Bay Clams
* Asian Wave Chilean Mussels

Other seafood you can add:
* Lobster tails
* Crab legs
* Squid rings

SPICES minced and separated in two sets:
* Ginger
* Green onions 
* Garlic
* Sili spada

SEASONING:
* 1 tablespoon oyster sauce ( for the umami taste)
* 1 teaspoon Tony Cachere’s Creole Seasoning (this seasoning is already salted so adjust accordingly.)

EXTRAS:
* Blanched and buttered Corn on cobs sliced in bite sized pieces. 

In deep wok, I sautéed the first set of spices until fragrant and added 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil and cook each kind of seafood separately because they cook quickly in  different times. Cooking them all together would end up over cooking the other. So I cooked the shrimps first, scooped them out and then set them aside in a large bowl, then the shell fish and placed them in the same bowl a the shrimps. Do the same either the crabs and lobsters if you have them.  Save the liquid  
In the same pan, add more olive oil and sauté the the second set of spices. Add the liquid from the cooked seafood mix and season with the oyster sauce and Cajun spice. Bring to a boil and turn off. Toss the cooked seafood mix and the buttered corn in cob in this sauce and serve with lemon slices, crusty bread or rice. 
Happy eats. 
.

 
Follow our food chronicles in IG and list recipes at my blog link in bio @geekymomm. 
instagram.com/geekymomm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...