Thursday, September 13, 2012

Buddy Burger, Taco, Hotdogs, Burritos

Picture me in a car with two hungry kids, lunchtime, heavy traffic with pouring rain. It was a weekend with no carpool service so I have to drive my son to and from school which was quite far from our house. My little daughter wanted a McDonalds drive thru meal but with the slow traffic pace, I estimated we would be there in an hour or so. Not good for grumbling tummies.

So along the road, we agreed to settle at the first restaurant we could spot at Piazza Elisea arcade which was Buddies Burger, Taco, Hotdogs, Burritos . Anything to fill me and my kids' hunger. We were famished. My son ordered a Double Buddy Burger (P150.00), my picky little daughter had Baconsilog (P75.00) and Spicy Sizzling Squid (P125.00) for me.

We had French Fries (P45.00) and some Onion Rings (P45.00) served ahead while waiting for our main course. Within fifteen minutes, we got our food and the serving portions aren't bad.


The burger's double patties were juicy, cooked and seasoned just right for people (especially kids) who aren't keen to overly spiced meat. It had the usual lettuce, tomato and onion with no dressing which is a good thing. I like it when food such as a basic burger is prepared simply with basic ingredients. Uncomplicated. When you to need to add an extra zing, just add your choice of dressing. Chili anyone?


Their Baconsilog is served with hefty portions of bacon. Judging by the photo above for P75.00 tab. Surprisingly, it was well drained of the oil so it wasn't that greasy. Served with perfectly poached egg and choice of plain or garlic rice.

My Sizzling Spicy Squid was a surprise as well because I didn't expect that in the menu of a burger joint. But it wasn't bad at all. It had tender squid rings stir fried with jalapeño peppers in a sweet spicy sauce served with veggies and choice of plain or garlic rice. Simply good!

Would I go back there again? Definitely yes. I'd like to try their Burritos, Quesadilla and Tacos.

Pros: Good food, clean place, has parking space.

Cons: I wish their milkshake was in a bigger size. Other than this, none.


Check out their Ultimate Burger Challenge. If you get to eat their four-patty Ultimate Burger within five minutes, you get to have it for free. Plus an Ultimate Burger Shirt and your photo in their Wall of Fame. Mind you, the Ultimate Burger is at P270.00 a pop.
And no, my burgaholic (pardon my term) son although voraciously starving at that time wasn't up to it.
But maybe soon... (I always advise my children to chew their food properly to avoid indigestion. Haha. )


The counter and some close up shots of the menu. Sorry it's a bit blurry.





Buddies Burger, Taco, Hotdogs and Burritos is located at 
Piazza Elisea
Nasipit, Talamban, Cebu City.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...