Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR! NEW RIB RECIPE!

Technically it's an old dish but its new to me since I changed the procedure that I usually do. Instead of the boil and grill method, I baked the whole slab of ribs for four hours until its tender that it falls off the bone. Yummy.

Ingredients:

  • 1 slab of baby back or American ribs (about 1.5 to 2 kg)
  • Salt and pepper rub
  • Atchuete oil (for color) optional
  • 1 cup of your favorite Barbecue sauce ( I used Jack Daniel's Hickory Barbecue
  • Chopped fresh parsley ( for garnish)

Procedure:

Begin by trimming of excess fat on the ribs. Rub about half a teaspoon of salt all over the ribs and sprinkle generously with ground black pepper. You may add a teaspoon atchuete oil to the rub to add color while baking. Arrange ribs in a shallow baking dish and cover top with aluminum foil. The foil prevents the ribs from burning and ensures a juicy meat. Bake for 3-4 hours at 225 degrees. You may check the meat after 2 hours to test if its tender. Time may vary according to meat quality but 4 hours will guarantee that falls-off-the-bone tenderness.

Once done, discard the foil and pour the barbecue over the entire ribs. Bake for 30 minutes more or until nicely brown and caramelized. Transfer to a serving dish and top with chopped parsley.

This is our New Year 2012 dinner. Will post the Sour Cream Potatoes soon.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...