Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Concert Food and Maroon V Tour


The concert food title is just an excuse to blog about this concert. Teehee. I can't help it. I love Maroon V. 

Music has been one of my passions but never had the talent for making one. I love listening to them a lot. It's my all time happy pill and I'm sure I'm not alone. I share this with the rest of my friends and family as well.

This September we had this "concert bonding and a girls' night out" thing with the three generations of women in our family. We went all the way from Cebu to Manila to watch Maroon V Tour at the Mall of Asia Arena. 

Me, my aunt, cousin, niece and her best friend, together with my Manila based cousin and my sister all cramped up in a Ford Explorer heading to our concert destination. The hour and a half traffic didn't really bother us since we were early and the car music was, well you know, playing the appropriate tune as we were warming up our vocal chords oblivious to how off key we were. *smiley here* 

The SM-MOA had this big sale going on when we got there so we didn't bother to look for restaurants inside to avoid of long queues and lengthy order time. We never really felt hungry anyway but we know we need some food for the fear one of us might pass out. So we settled for some "concert food" inside the MOA Arena. 

Behold the Hotdog and a Bottled Water.
When you're caught in the Manila traffic and left with little time to eat. 

The cons of out-of-town concerts: You need to shell out extra bucks for transportation fare whether by sea, land or air just to get to your destination. Not to mention hotel lodging, food expenses and taxi fares.

Cebu doesn't have a good venue for a large concert like this. Though we can still host a small to medium sized events, we still need a really big one to fill in the requirements of the big names in the entertainment industry. We hope there will be one soon.  

Anyway, Maroon V have been here several times already and this was my chance to finally get a glimpse of one of my all time favorite band. I don't splurge a lot on bags and shoes but this was no excuse. I saved up for this moment.



Seven months in waiting and years of saving.

Egzoited!!! I spent a lot just to leave my seat unused most of the time. Heeehee. 
Gettin ready.

Animals for opening song.
Awoooooooo!
Hey, PJ!
He's coming in our side!
.
Moment with James Valentine here.
.
James doin' his thing.
.
Adam also doin' his thing.
.
The whole arena illuminates for Daylight. It made me regret to bring the Fuji XT1.

.
Rockin it out with Mickey Madden
Go Matt!
The unmistakable V.
Thirsty Adam.

.
Adam having a moment with his hot pink guitar.


Caught the ever supportive Behati Prinsloo-Levine in the sideline. Photo credit from Maroon 5 Philippines https://www.facebook.com/maroon5philippines

Wrapping things up. Time to go.

#M5Hangover IG moment from the bedside table at Crown Regency Hotel, Makati.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...