Thursday, October 29, 2015

Clarisonic Mia 3 / Aria Sonic Cleansing Brush


I have always loved the professional face brushes my derma clinic use on my facials. I always wanted that at home. I bought a rotating brush that I found at Greenhills. It was really cheap around P280.00 with various heads. However when I got home, I found out that the results were not the same even if I followed the same procedure. My skin felt tight and a bit red after using it. I thought it was my technique so I don't use it as often as I should.

Then my derma advised me to get..no...her exact words were "invest" on a Clarisonic Sonic Facial Brushes. Why invest? Well this is like the gold standard, mother of all sonic facial brushes out there. Unlike ordinary brushes, the Clarisonic device doesn't spin or vibrate, instead it oscillates at a sonic frequency that produces 200 to 300 movements per second on its bristles, loosening those deep seated dirt, makeup and dissolving grime on your skin and pores without tugging your skin or over-stimulating it, all within 60 seconds. It just moves back and forth at a very high speed. Use it with your favourite facial cleanser.  It's super gentle, effective and in time it will transform your skin's texture and appearance. It also maximises the topical products that you might use later on after you cleanse. Think of it like the the dentist's ultrasonic cleanser that removes hardened plaque on your teeth but gentle version for the skin.

I bought my Clarisonic Mia 3/ Aria at Sephora on sale last year and I recently found out that Cash Cash Pinoy and Lazada are also selling locally. Though I can't tell if they are selling legit item since there were issues and blogs regarding fake Clarisonic Mia 2 running around.  It was recently brought here to Cebu by my sister-in-law. Yep, it was a long, long wait. But the results were worth it. 

My skin condition is:
  • Acne prone. Congested. As in pimples almost every month.
  • Oily Skin. As in super duper oily, not only on the T-zone but all over. My skin secretes oil just five to ten minutes after I wash it. My makeup sadly disappears within an hour if I don't use a good primer.
  • Acne scars present.
With more than a week of using Clarisonic Mia 3/ Aria, I observed the following results on my skin and what I really like about this product:
  • It felt amazingly clean after 60 seconds of brushing.  I was skeptical for more than a year. And I did some research and talked to some friends who were using it, looking at the results. I was finally convinced to get one.
  • It doesn't tug your skin unlike the rotating brush heads. We were taught that too much tugging will lead to premature wrinkles and we don't want that.
  • I don't need to use a toner to remove excess residue that my facial wash leaves behind. Clarisonic removed all of them for me. My skin care ritual became simpler and quicker. I only needed toner when I need to apply makeup. 
  • My post skin care product performs better. The cleaner the skin, the more prepped it is for the next skin care products used.
  • My skin is a little less oilier than usual. I can tell because I use oil blotting sheet less often and the sheet itself has less oil than usual. I guess what made my skin really oily in the first place is the excessive cleaning and stimulating it too much. 
  • Radiant looking skin. Acne scars became lighter.
  • Less redness after washing. This will also depend on what cleanser you use. I use Cetaphil for Oily Skin (this variant foams a little). I recommend that you use the non exfoliating type of cleanser because the brush itself does some minor exfoliation. We don't wanna overdo it.
  • Tighter pores. Though it's still there, we can't really make them disappear. It cleanses deep down to the pores that it appears smaller after.
  • Fewer bumps and less occurrence of acne, which is really my main concern. If there are pimples (from my monthly cycle) they would eventually heal faster.
  • Cleaner skin means lesser trips to the Derma for facials.
  • Gentle enough for everyday use. About twice a day maximum. 
There is the Clairsonic Mia 1 and 2 models. I chose the Mia 3 or Aria for its Three Speed Feature, Drying Stand and USB Charging Capability. The Speed Three setting I personally use once a week for a deeper cleaning in prep for a facial mask at home. Speed Two, if I need to remove makeup and Speed One for regular daily use. If you want body cleaning as well, then go for the Clarisonic Smart Profile which has a larger brush head for the body.... I desperately wanted this unit but it was out of my budget.

Though this is my personal view, I would strongly advise to consult your dermatologist before purchasing or using this product.

Clarisonic - Soft, Smooth, Radiant Skin In Just 60 Seconds


CLARISONIC features a proprietary one-minute T-TIMER™ that beeps and pauses momentarily to indicate it is time to move to another part of your face. CLARISONIC is factory set with a one-minute duration and customisable up to two-minutes.
http://www.clarisonic.com/


http://www.clarisonic.com/

 Clarisonic Mia 3/Aria has 3 speeds, a real-time battery life indicator, USB-enabled pLink charger and a drying stand that converts to a charging station when coupled with the pLink charger. It is rechargeable, completely waterproof (except for the charger) that you can use it in the shower.


Designed for compromised or fragile skin, Speed 1 (Delicate) is delicate enough for even very sensitive skin conditions.
Universal for all skin types and cleansing six times better than hands alone, Speed 2 (Universal) is developed for normal daily use and enhances cleansing by 26% compared to Speed 1.
When an extra boost is needed to loosen and remove set-in debris, Speed 3 (Powerful) provides the power to enhance cleansing by 30% compared to Speed 2.

Adjustable T-Timer
For even and thorough cleansing, Clarisonic Mia 3 features a T-Timer® that beeps and pulses momentarily to indicate it is time to move to another part of your face.

3 Speeds. Delicate, Universal, Powerful
With varying levels of sonic speed, you can customize your Clarisonic Mia 3 cleansing experience to address your specific skin concerns.

USB-Enabled Universal Voltage pLink Charger
With varying levels of sonic speed, you can customize your Clarisonic Mia 3 cleansing experience to address your specific skin concerns.

Interchangeable Facial Brush Heads
Choose from a variety of interchangeable facial brush heads for your Clarisonic Mia 3, each uniquely designed and engineered for specific skin types or conditions. I have the Deep Pore Brush (left) and the standard Sensitive Brush (right), which i'm using right now (the brush is wet the photo).

It came with a complimentary Refreshing Gel Cleanser. I would also like to add that gel type or liquid type facial cleansers work best with Clarisonic since it disperses the lather quickly.

My personalized, pimped up, monogrammed Clarisonic. ❤️❤️❤️ :D


Would I recommend this? 

  • Yes, it's a good investment for your skin health. Really effective.
  • I reiterate, though this is my personal view, I would still strongly advise to consult your dermatologist before purchasing or using this product.
Warning
Do NOT use the CLARISONIC if you: 

• Have heightened skin allergies 

• Have an extreme sunburn 

• Have open wounds or open lesions 
• Are taking medication that can cause skin sensitivity* 
• Have recently had a facial cosmetic procedure* 
• Have pustular acne or serious sensitive-skin disorders and/or infections* 

*Unless recommended by a skincare professional.

Pros: 
  • Each authentic product is hand assembled entirely in Redmond, Washington, USA. No Made in China here. 
  • Wide variety of brushes according to your skin needs.
  • The product is entirely waterproof so you can bring it to shower or tub (excluding the charger, which is not waterproof.)
  • This award winning product is widely recommended by most dermatologists.
  • Recently added as one of Oprah's Favorite things for 2015

Cons: 
  • On the other hand, one of its downside (for me) is to have the brush heads replaced every three months with regular use. Kinda pricey since the brush heads cost about $27.00. Although they have discount coupons that you can use and sale events that you can look forward to like their current buy 2 take 1 sale.
  • They are difficult to get here in the Philippines as they have no authorised reseller yet.



http://www.clarisonic.com/


You can get Clarisonic at the following sites:
http://www.clarisonic.com/
http://www.skinstore.com/clarisonic.aspx?affiliatecode=ppc_ggl_171_clarisonic
http://www.sephora.com/clarisonic

2 comments:

  1. Turn on your Facial Cleansing Brush and gently touch your face and move the brush in circular motions. Don't apply too much pressure. The bristles do the work for you so there is no need to apply pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this great tip. Still using it until now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...