Friday, November 20, 2015

Recipe: Roasted Pork Chops with Pesto and Mango Salsa


This one of the comfort food I make whenever my son comes home from college. I use pork chops with a little fat as possible instead of none. The fat makes it moist and tasty. You may use the skinless variety if you wish. I use a turbo broiler when I make a small batch.

This dish is often paired with my Basil Garlic Pesto Recipe HERE, and the Mango Salsa Recipe HERE.

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes

Ingredients:

For the dry spice rub, mix together

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (you may adjust the amount)
  • Lots of cracked black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 coriander
  • 1/2 celery seed (if available)
  • 800 grams or about 4-5 cuts of pork chops
  • 2 tablespoons butter, cold
Procedure:
  1. Rub the dry spice on both sides of the chops. Cover inside a ziplock bag and refrigerate overnight.
  2. Arrange the chops in an ovenproof container. Drizzle with olive oil.
  3. Cut the cold butter in small pieces and distribute evenly on top of the chops.
  4. Cover the top with aluminum foil.
  5. Turbo broil for 35 minutes.
  6. Remove the aluminium foil and broil for another 10 minutes to brown the chops.
  7. Serve with the pesto and salsa separately.
Your choice of pesto.
Or your choice of salsa.
Or both.
Happy Eats!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...