Friday, July 1, 2016

Recipe: Fresh Mushroom Soup


The rainy season calls for comfort food like mushroom soup. I got these beautiful shiitake mushrooms at SnR for Php176.00 for 350 grams. Yesterday, I sautéed them with just garlic, lots of butter and a dash of Kikkoman.  Today, I'll make a simple classic cream of mushroom soup.

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
200 grams fresh Shitake mushrooms, sliced thinly 
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup fresh milk
2 tbsp. flour
1/4 cup heavy cream
Chopped parsley 
Salt and white pepper to taste


Procedure:
1. Sauté garlic in butter. Careful not to brown them. 

2. Add the sliced mushroom. Stir for about a minute. 

3. Add chicken stock. 

4. Dissolve flour in milk to make a slurry. 

5. When stock comes to a boil, add the slurry slowly. Stir constantly in a medium heat until the soup has thickened. 

6. Add the cream and parsley and turn off the heat. Stir until the cream is incorporated into the soup. Season with salt and pepper. 

Serve warm with toasted buttered bread.

Happy Eats! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...