Thursday, July 21, 2016

How I prepare my Pork Steak or any steak.


The I happen to spot these beautiful pork steak cuts at the butcher shop yesterday and decided to make Pork Steak ala Pobre at home. 

I marinate the cuts with worschestershire sauce, light soy sauce and cracked black pepper. Just enough to moisten the meat not to soak them. My grandma taught me to add cornstarch to the surface of the meat to seal in the juices when searing. 


In a hot, flat pan, drizzle the surface with a tablespoon of oil and sear the meat on one side for about 2-3 minutes. Turn them over and sear the other side and add a tablespoon of butter, 2 cloves of crushed garlic and a teaspoon of dried rosemary. 


Spoon the melted butter, garlic and rosemary all over the meat. Turn off heat and transfer the steak to an ovenproof dish and finish cooking in a turbo broiler for another 10 minutes or so. 


GRAVY
In the same pan, add more butter and slices of fresh mushrooms. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of flour and mix them well over low heat make a roux. Add water and chicken powder mix to taste and stir until thickened to make gravy. You may add additional Worcester sauce to brown the gravy further. 

Assemble everything in a serving dish with buttered veggies and mashed potatoes. 

Happy eats!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...