Thursday, October 20, 2016

Pixi Correction Concentrate


I rarely use a concealer when I was younger because I felt I don't need it. And even if I don't get enough sleep and get dark circles under my eyes, the foundation was enough to cover it. But as I age, those ubiquitous shadows seems to appear even if I get enough sleep. Though I randomly use it in my late thirties because I don't like to keep on tugging and pulling the delicate skin around the eye area, it is however rather effective when it comes to hiding and blurring out blemishes, spots and other imperfections. But as I approach the dreaded fabulous forties. I realised that I needed it almost everyday. Dark circles under my eyes makes me look older, tired and haggard even if I just woke up from an eight hour sleep. And since it's supposed to to be applied under the eyes, I needed a formula that is nourishing for that delicate, sensitive area that is prone to premature aging.

One universal shade of Brightening Peach. Peach is a combination of pink and yellow undertones that neutralises the purplish, bluish or greenish circles under and around our eye area.

A friend of mine let me use her favourite Pixi Correction Concentrate last year and I instantly loved it. Its a corrector (not a concealer) with a peach undertone that neutralises the dark areas around the eyes and a very tiny amount of shimmer from the silica that helps diffuse lines, brighten the eye area making you look refreshed, well rested and yes, look younger. What I really liked about this product is that it has Rose Hips Extract for cell regenerating and skin elacticity boosting properties and Vitamin A for anti aging.It also has Vitamin C that brightens and revitalises and Vitamin E that nourishes and protects. It's so concentrated that you only need a minuscule amount to apply. It glides and blends in your skin beautifully like magic. It's totally different experience from using a traditional creamy concealer that if you need to apply a bit more, you will end up looking weird in photos with white patches under your eyes.

TIP: The tiny amount of shimmer from the silica helps diffuse lines and brightens any area.
I also use it on my brow bone and the bridge of my nose.


It has a very tiny amount of shimmer from the silica that helps diffuse lines, brightens any area.

I like using it with a concealer blending brush instead of my pinky finger. I find that the bristles blend it more delicately and naturally rather than dabbing it around you eyes like fingerprints. You can find Ecotool Airbrush Concealer Brush which is specifically designed for under eye blending in specialty cosmetic shops and in Rustan's and Watson's. This is an indispensable tool especially if you are a concealer/corrector user.  I would also recommend using this.
I like using it with an under eye blending brush instead of my pinky finger. I find that the bristles blend it more delicately and naturally rather than dabbing it around you eyes like fingerprints. 
Pixi by Petra is a UK brand that has been in the market for more than 10 years already.
Her products are paraben free and not tested on animals.
NET WEIGHT: 3g
INGREDIENTS: Petrolatum, Diisostearyl Malate, Silica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Alumina, Microcrystalline Wax, Glycerin, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phosphatidylcholine, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate. (Vitamin A), Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Alcohol, Water, Simethicone, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035:1).
Got mine for $16.00

Available locally at
BeautyMNL 
GlamourBox
ZaloraPh

Follow them on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...