Monday, March 27, 2017

Recipe: Turbo Broiled Chicken with Bacolod Inasal Style Marinade

I wanted to have a different marinade for my turbo chicken today so I thought why not try this. The I don't claim this to be authentic because “nothing beats the real Chicken Inasal from Bacolod.” My hubby always reiterates this whenever he eats and compares this kind of chicken anywhere in Cebu. It was his love at first bite. Good for him but I've never been there. One of these days I'm gonna visit the city of smiles and try their famous chicken inasal as well. For now, I'll just settle for this recipe that I found online. 
I tweaked the salt and sugar level down a bit. 


  • Ingredients
  • 3/4 kilo chicken bone in or -1 kilo chicken breast
  • 1 tsp. ginger, minced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 stalk lemongrass, pounded
  • 1 cup Mother's Best or Mama Sita's Sinamak vinegar
  • Juice of 3 calamansi
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 cup sprite or 7up
  • ½ tsp. ground black pepper


Basting Oil:
  • 3 tablespoons annatto oil (atsuete seeds heated with palm or olive oil )
  • ½ cup butter/margarine, melted

Sawsaw Sauce: 
  • 1 cup separate marinade + atsuete oil + butter/ margarine mixture. (Reduce in high heat with a generous swig of atsuete oil and a tsp of butter.)


Procedure:
1. Combine the marinade ingredients and set aside 1/2 cup for the Sawsaw Sauce. 

2. In a ziplock bag, combine chicken and the marinade.  Knead and shake the bag mixture until every ingredient is well incorporated. Marinade for 1 to 3 hours or overnight. 

3.  Drain marinade In a saucepan with the butter/ margarine to make basting sauce. Heat until the mixture bubbles. Set aside.

4. Arrange the chicken in an ovenproof dish and turbo on medium heat for 30 minutes at 175 degrees C. Baste with the basting mixture once in a while to prevent it from drying. 

5. Turn the heat high at 200 degrees C and turbo until the surface is nicely caramelized and browned. 

6. Serve with Sawsaw Sauce and or sinamak vinegar. 

Tips: You can barbeque this recipe too.

Happy Eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...