Friday, September 15, 2017

Kilay Tales: Maybelline Tattoo Brow Tint + Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer


I admit I was impressed with this product because not only will it shorten my makeup time in the morning but the tint lasts for days too. I was initially skeptical with the china-made versions that I see on Facebook ads but when Maybelline came up with this, I thought I might give it a try. The problem with my brows is that they are sparse with a small bald spot (from a chickenpox scar) on my left. Then I had it permanently tattooed circa 1992 (yes, I was kikay then) thinking it would solve my "pahak" dilemma but instead it faded to a slightly bluish tint several years later. Although the faded tattoo made my kilay routine easier in the morning since I already have a "built in guide" to my shape, and it lessens my amount of time shading it. Microblading is an expensive option but will just have to wait.

The Maybelline in Medium Brown I bought it at Beauty MNL for Php 449.00 promo price last August 25. Local department stores retails it for Php 599.00. You can look out every now and then for Maybelline promos. They are always generous. It comes in 3 shades, Dark Brown, Medium Brown and Light Brown.
It has a flat brush applicator with round tip. Applies smoothly and easy to draw thin or sharp corners.

The Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer I got separately as a pasalubong and i'm using it to complement the Gel Tint. I think it is also available at the Maybelline counters. It comes in two colors, Soft Brown and Blonde.
Brow Volumizer swatch in Soft Brown.


Fills, tames, tints and adds three dimentional volume to your eyebrows. See the tiny fibers? It's what makes you brows look fuller. Please excuse the typo, its Soft Brown.


My method is to apply it in the evening so you will have enough time to concentrate on the shape. It's a bit tricky at first since I'm not used to draw eyebrows with a syrupy goop. Just move at a semi steady pace since the tint sets quickly and if it dries and you apply another layer, the dried part would peel off making it difficult to reapply. Make sure to apply it in a cleansed face with no creams or oils. If you make a mistake, just wipe it off with a damp Q-tip right away.


I didn't draw my brows after shower. I just applied the Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer.
The Brow Volumizer did a good job of taming and adding volume to my unruly brow hairs and added a natural warm tint making it look more natural.

In the morning, I peeled it off easily without tugging my hairs. It didn't stain my pillowcase either since it dries so fast. I did my usual routine, showered but careful not to rub the brows too much and I was amazed how the color stayed put after I washed my face. However the tips and corners seems to fade since it was my first day. According to other reviews, it would get more definition in the future if i apply this at regular intervals. I didn't draw my eyebrows that morning. Yipee! I just applied the brow volumizer which was less than a minute.

The Maybelline Brow Volumizer did a good job of taming and adding volume to my unruly brow hairs and added a natural warm tint making it look more natural.

VERDICT:

I absolutely love and recommend these two products to all disciples of "kilay is life" movement. 😂

I love this tint so much not only because it has a good color payoff, but it also cuts off my kilay time to 2 to 3 times a week, applying it only in the evening. Morning comes and I just wash, mascara and go. I also lasts long and don't need to worry about it even when I swim. However, if you prefer to have a more defined, "anastasia-like" brows, you cant achieve it with this product alone, you might need a pencil, wax or gel to line those brows with sharp definition.

The Brow Volumizer performed just as well. It keeps my brows in shape. Color payoff is also good since I prefer to have a more soft, natural looking eyebrows for my everyday look. 


P.S. This evening application is just my method. If you have lots of time in the morning, then go do it in the morning. Stain power may vary from skin to skin. I have very oily skin, by the way.

TIP: Store the tube upright so that most of the product stays at the brush tip when in use. Storing it lying down will cause the product to stick to the sides of the wand causing it to dry out and leave annoying clumps in the future.



Below are photos of the tint applied on bare skin.



Just applied.
After peeling. Day 1.


Day 2. No retouch. After showering.
Day 3. No retouch. After showering.

2 comments:

  1. Microblading eyebrows has so far been chosen by many as a method of beauty for the most delicate and delicate eyebrows that even the opposite person can hardly recognize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites reeally nice,
    keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your sitre to come
    back in the future. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...