Friday, September 20, 2019

Recipe: Paksiw ni Jenny

Because I was #drooling when I saw someone posted #inununan yesterday, I made one for myself today. Damn you #fishpaksiw. You made me eat more than my daily #rice allowance. 😂 
I like to use a lot of local aromatics which makes this dish fragrant and appetizing. Makes you want to load more rice. Nice to pair with adlai, shirataki and quinoa too, if you are on a low carb diet



Fish Paksiw ni Jenny

by Jenny Sibi
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 30 mins.
Ingredients (3-4 persons)
  • 3 cloves garlic whole
  • 1 small shallot minced
  • 1 thumb sized ginger grated
  • 1 stalk lemongrass root part, smashed
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 whole boneless bangus
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup sukang tuba, sinamak or white vinegar
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1/2 tsp peppercorns pounded
  • 1-2 jalapeño or sili spada
  • Salt to taste
  • Pinch of sugar
Instructions
Sauté the first five aromatics in olive oil. When fragrant, place the fish on top, add water, vinegar, bay leaf, peppercorns and sili spada. Cover and let simmer undisturbed for 10- 15 mins in medium heat. It should reduce a little after. Season with salt and a little sugar to counter balance the sourness.
Enjoy with rice.
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...