Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Recipe: Crispy Garam Masala Chicken with Pechay Greens

While waiting for my son to come home from his night out with his friends (yes I’m still that kind of a mom and it’s his birthday). I kill my time with either eating in the kitchen, watching Netflix, reading a book or writing a new recipe. Today I’m doing the latter. 

I came up with this recipe when

I wanted to do Tikka Masala but don’t have yoghurt and the rest of the ingredients. The Hungarian sausages serves as an extender since I have a small portion of chicken left. (My boys have hefty appetites.) I had a nice bunch of pechay and I wanted to wash only one pan after eating. Hehehe. 

Warning: the sauce at the bottom is very addictive. 





Crispy Garam Masala Chicken with Pechay Greens

450 grams chicken cut ups

2 pcs. Hungarian Sausage, biased cut into 2 inch thick slices

1 teaspoon Garam Masala

1 teaspoon brown sugar

A few sprigs chopped cilantro 

Pinch of red pepper flakes

Juice from a lime or calamansi

A drizzle of olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste 

Pechay greens 

Butter, salt and pepper for sauté 


  1. Preheat oven to 250 C. 
  2. Rub chicken with all of the spices. Marinate for an hour or overnight. 
  3. Heat a cast iron skillet until smoking. Pick up chicken and sausages from the marinade and brown them on one side. 
  4. Turn over and pour the rest of the marinade over. 
  5. Bake in oven for 18-20 mins or until thoroughly cooked and crispy on top. 
  6. Sauté the pechay in butter and season with salt and pepper. 
  7. Tuck in the greens after the chicken is cooked. 
  8. Serve with mashed potato or rice. 

Happy eats!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...