Friday, February 14, 2020

Recipe: Asian Style Meatballs

What could be more versatile than meatballs. You can season them to any style you want; fry them, bake them, sauce them, crumble them, make them to soups, hide vegetables inside and a whole lot more. 

I’m making some for Valentine’s dinner and store the rest in the freezer. Yes, we’re eating at home. Too scared to eat out where there’s lot of people in an occasion such as this. It’s more fun too because it’ll be a no-holds-barred, messy, yummy dish. But I won’t tell you what I’m gonna do with these meatballs on V Day. Let’s just make some and store them in the ref. 









Asian Style Meatballs

  • 450 g ground mix (pork and beef)
  • 2 loaves stale bread, cubed and soaked in 1/8 cup buttermilk
  • 1 medium onion, chopped 
  • 3 garlic cloves, chopped
  • thumb sized ginger, grated
  • 1 stalk green onions, chopped 
  • 1 tsp Vietnamese Pesto (recipe in my blog)
  • 20-30g chives, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp cornstarch 
  • 1 tsp Knorr or Maggi seasoning 
  • salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything up very well until smooth and taste test them by cooking a small portion in a nonstick pan. Adjust seasoning when necessary and when you’re okay with the taste, form them into balls. Store them in covered containers in the freezer. Keeps well until 6 months. 

Like I said, you can fry, bake, add sauce, or make them into soups.
Happy eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...