Sunday, April 26, 2020

Recipe Homemade Gyudon

Gyudon is the safest bet for a hearty and complete meal when you go to a Japanese restaurant and have no idea what to order. 






The kids and I miss Gyudon so much and I realized that I used to make this a lot before because you get to wash a few dishes after for this one bowl dish. 😂

It’s easy to make using mostly local ingredients. This recipe serves four so you will need about four individual bowls with a cup of cooked rice each. We will top this with the gyudon later. 

I’ll show also you how to make makeshift beni shoga (red ginger) without the plum vinegar soon. 

.

Ingredients:

  • 4 eggs (for soft boiled egg)
  • 4 cups water
  • 1 tbsp white vinegar

If you prefer raw egg on your gyudon topping, skip the step above. You may use scrambled egg too. 


Gyudon Sauce:

  • 3 tsp sugar
  • 4 tbsp sake (I don’t have one so I used soju or you can use xiaoshing  or white wine)
  • 4 tbsp mirin
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • Beni shoga

Topping:

  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 large onion
  • 1 stalk scallions (white and green separated)
  • 400g thinly sliced beef

Please see video for procedure





Follow our food chronicles in IG and blog link in bio @geekymomm. 

instagram.com/geekymomm

.


#staysafe #cookathome #quarantine #lockdown #grateful #thankful #thegeekymomm #geekymomm #instafood #foodstagram #foodgasm #foodieph #madewithlove #homechef #homecooking #whenincebu #recipe #filipinofoodmovement #foodcuratorph #foodinfluencerph #foodph #homechefsofinstagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...