Sunday, May 17, 2020

Recipe: Salted Egg Chip Sprinkles

I have some salted egg flavored crackling cravings lately and realized that I still have some salted egg powder left in the fridge. A chef once taught me how how to make an all purpose sprinkle out of it for popcorns, chips, chicharon and even chicken nuggets. 




I got this recipe when I attended the Unilever Chefmanship Academy last year. I tweaked the curry leaves, subbed it with curry powder although the two have different flavor profiles, the curry powder goes well with the salted egg taste. 


Ingredients:


1/2 cup salted egg powder

2 tbsp confectioners sugar

1 tsp chili powder

1 for tsp curry powder

1 tbsp salt

1 tsp chili flakes

1 tsp basil powder


Toss all ingredients briefly in a hot dry pan. Careful not to burn the spices or it will turn bitter.

Let cool and store in an airtight container for future use. 

.


I made a small batch of potato chips, sprinkled these on top and oh boy it made me day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...