Friday, January 22, 2016

Recipe: Creamy Lemon Cilantro Chicken



While waiting for the traffic to ease up, I decided to post this very simple dish of baked chicken in creamy cilantro sauce. Adding lemon juice gives it a refreshingly wonderful tang that blends well with the rest of the ingredients. I use Luigi's Urban Farm Cilantro because I can guarantee that they are fresh and organic. I've been to their farm. You can get them at Rustan's Supermarket and at Shopwise.

Preparation time: 30 mins. 
Cooking time: 45 mins. 
Serves 4-5

Ingredients
1 large chicken breast (bone in and flattened) or
350 grams boneless chicken fillet
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. Knorr Chicken Powder (not cubes)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Butter
1 carton Nestle Cream
Juice of 1/2 lemon (reserve the other half in slices for garnish
1/4 cup chopped cilantro 

Procedure
Clean and flatten the chicken breasts if they are bone-in. It makes cooking quicker. If using boneless fillet, simply use as is. 

Season with salt and pepper and chicken powder. 

Layer them on a deep dish with chicken  at the bottom, then a few knobs of butter and garlic. Squeeze half a lemon then sprinkle with cilantro.  Pour the cream on top and add some lemon slices. 

Cover with foil and bake in turbo broiler on 275 degrees for 30 mins. Remove foil and bake for additional 15 mins. 

I'm on a low salt diet so I sprinkle additional Braggs Nutritional Yeast Seasoning after cooking if I find it abot under seasoned. It adds a wonderful flavor without the additional sodium. 

Enjoy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...