Friday, October 5, 2018

Leveled Up Breakfast with Pinoy Longannisa Eggs Benedict



There is no recipe here but an idea on how to level up you usual Longsilog meal. Longsilog is a portmanteau of "Long: for longannisa, "Si" for sinangag or garlic fried rice and "Log" for itlog or egg. A staple breakfast dish in Philippines.You can impress your family or your breakfast date with this version using fried biscuits and hollandaise sauce. Click on those links for the recipe.



Alternatively, you can use pandesal instead of the biscuits. And if you're a lacto-vegetarian, you can opt to use crab cakes instead of longannisa. For poached eggs that doesn't loosen and break up in the water, add a tablespoon of vinegar and a pinch of salt to the poaching water to keep its shape. Keep the heat to a bare simmer. Poach about a minute or two just to keep the yolks runny on the inside.

The parsley oil is my concoction so I will always having parsley flavour on hand in my pantry. Parsley leaves doesn't last long in the fridge so by putting olive oil in it, it would last me for several weeks or months. The same thing with cilantro. I just put a bunch of herbs in the food processor, drizzle olive oil and store in glass bottles for future use. Always store them in fridge of course.
Another way of storing is putting whole leaves in ice cubes filled with water, it will last for months. Just pop out a few cubes as needed.

Enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to hear from you. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome. I may not be able to answer right away since I can't be online 24/7 but I'll do my best to reply. :)

Printfriendly

Email this page EMAIL THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS PAGE

Type a word and hit search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...